Monday, December 22, 2008

December rush


Well, it's sure been a busy month. Between classes, new projects, commissions, Christmas preparations and snow shovelling, there hasn't been a minute to spare. This little chipmunk design in acrylic will be a new class offered in February 2009 in Mississauga. I thought I'd try something a bit different this time and use a grissaille technique. This little guy was a visitor at a cottage which we stayed at in September this year.

Next is a little ornament by special request - Rosco the Bernese Mountain Dog/Toy Poodle mix (yes, believe it or not, that's correct). The tag only measured about 2-1/2" x 3". I painted about 10 other ornaments similar to those that I painted last month, so I won't bother duplicating them all here.

Next is a boxer commission (Christmas gift). I'm also working on another commission of 2 Rottweiler puppies, which I'll post soon.


Paint your pet class at my studio was lots of fun. Some are going to be gifts while others were just to learn and practice. These are the portraits that were produced by my students in the 2-day workshop Dec. 13/14th, 2008.










No comments:

Crisp Morning on Bark Lake

My last workshop for this week was at the Fine Art Society of Milton, painting a landscape in watercolour. For this I chose a favourite phot...